The Grooming Badge requires our campers to:
- Learn all the grooming kit names of brushes etc.
- How to groom a pony.
- What grooming is for.
- Difference between grooming stable and grass kept pony.
- Correct grooming technique.
- Care / cleaning of the grooming kit.
The Saddlery Badge requires our campers to:
- Know the parts of the saddle and basic snaffle bridle.
- How to tack up a pony using a simple snaffle bridle.
- Recognize a martingale.
- Recognize some basic bits.
- Remove a saddle and bridle.
- Tie up reins correctly and stand a saddle.
- Correct tack cleaning.
Stable Care Badge
The Stable Care Badge requires our campers to understand:
- Parts necessary in a stable.
- Bucket v automatic drinkers.
- Types of bedding.
- Be able to muck out a stable and put in bedding.
- Empty a wheelbarrow.
- Sweep up yard.
The Rug Badge requires our campers to:
- Recognize different types of rugs
- Understand reasons for rugging
- Put on a rug correctly
- Remove a rug
- How to care for and store rug
Colours & Markings Badge
The Colours & Markings Badge requires our campers to:
- Identify a wide variety of pony colours
- To identify head and facial markings
- To identify leg markings
Grass Kept Pony Badge
The Grass Kept Pony Badge requires our campers to understand:
- Basic grassland care
- Correct fencing
- How to give water outdoors
- Recognize poisonous plants
- What to check for in a field
- Understand the importance of shelter
The Feeding Badge requires our campers to understand:
- How ponies feed and what they need
- Getting the balance right with age temperament and workload
- Feeding rules
- Recognize common feeds
- Making a feed chart
- Rules of watering
First Aid Badge
The First Aid Badge requires our campers to recognize:
- Signs of good health.
- Signs of ill health.
- Necessary items of a first aid kit and how to use them.
- Four basic common illnesses of cold / colic / laminitis / mud fever.
- How to recognize illnesses / cause / signs / what to do.
Bits Boots & Bandages Badge
The Bits Boots & Bandages Badge requires our campers to recognize:
- Snaffle / Pelham / Gag
- Reasons to use these particular bits
- Common boots in use and why we use them
- Fitting of boots
- Put on a tail and stable bandage
The Travelling Badge requires our campers to understand:
- Safety needed in loading a horse
- Precautions and necessary checks needed
- How to travel a horse correctly boots bandages etc
- What to bring with you when travelling
- Loading procedure
- Unloading procedure
- Tidy up of horsebox on return